What's Xaye up to?

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, American coming through










Xaye is all about being polite. He will say 'excuse me' to anyone - or thing - as he turns sideways to pass by. Whether there are inches to spar - or FEET - he will still turn sideways, say 'scu me' and scoot past.


Most recently he has been intentionally 'excusing' himself to pass the cat, then bend down to say 'hi' and wiggle his fingers at the cat, then 'excuse' himself to pass by. He can be easily encouraged to engage in a 15 minute 'excuse me' parade with no resistance.

Also, more sentences, most recently (and notably) - "There is a duck over there" was uttered in Fels Point on Father's Day and "I want them to go with me" was cried out when Payton and Alex headed out of the campsite earlier this week.

Wow.

Of course, we are doing a lot of spelling. Or, for those that know me, I am butchering the language Jerome has a 4 year degree in.

Xaye is very articulate about what he wants - and does not want. If you don't understand him the first time, I recommend that you duck. Objects start to fly.

He has been amenable to time out, as long as he is strapped in his booster seat, that is. Otherwise, reminders reminding him to be reminded to put things down work. If you are THAT aware 100% of the time when he is contemplating sending objects to the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home